Non-Surgical Alternative Treatments
Not every treatment has to mean surgery. Learn about other, non surgical options!
Meet the best reverse shoulder replacement surgeon in chicago
A reverse total shoulder replacement is designed for patients that have arthritis in the shoulder combined with a rotator cuff tear. Often, patients with complex fractures benefit from a reverse shoulder replacement. Dr. Drake’s goal is not only to eliminate pain but restore motion and get his patients back to normal activities.
His resume is impressive: He has performed 100’s of successful total shoulder replacements, won the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon’s prestigious Neer Award, graduated the summa cum laude, and has written for major medical journals such as The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons. With Dr. Drake, you’ll learn what it means to have the best shoulder replacement surgeon in Chicago and the Chicagoland area on your team.
Indications you are a reverse shoulder replacement candidate
If you match these indications, you may benefit from a full shoulder replacement:
- Intense shoulder pain with loss of strength and range of motion, causing seemingly simple tasks around the house to be difficult.
- Non surgical or conservative measures have failed to provide pain relief. Treatments such as physical therapy, injections, medications, and alternative methods have failed to give a long lasting solution.
- Non-smoker. Smoking increases the chances of post-surgical complications. It’s advised you quit smoking pre-surgery for best results.
- Committed to post-surgical rehabilitation. Shoulder replacement is a timely investment that requires patients to attend physical therapy. Carelessness may lead to further complications, stalling the healing process.
- Healthy nerves. Nerves are vital to recovery. Significant spinal, shoulder, arm, or hand nerve damage may make you ineligible for shoulder replacement.